Soft drinks! Are there any benefits of soft drinks? You may not hear the term “benefits of soft drinks” before! Yes! You are right. Because all people know that drinking soft drinks have a lot of bad effects. Even our parents teach us about the bad effect of soft drinks from childhood.
Yes! I agree with you that soft drinks have many bad effects but it has some benefits also. Although soft drinks have very few benefits still you should know them.
Do not think that I inspire you to take soft drinks. Taking soft drinks is overall bad for our health. Now in this lesson, I am going to tell you a few health benefits of soft drinks.
Also, read- 10-summer-health-tips-to-stay-healthy-in-summer
Health benefits of soft drinks
Before knowing the benefits of soft drinks you have to know some common ingredients which make a cold drink. The ingredients are-
Now I am trying to discuss the benefit of these ingredients for our health.
1. Carbonate water
The very first one is water. Soft drinks are full of water and some carbonated compounds. Water keeps us hydrated. We Indians take more soft drinks in summer when the temperature is high. Due to the high temperature, we lose our body water in the form of sweat. This time soft drinks keep us hydrated as it is fully water.
On the other hand, as some carbonated compounds are mixed with water it is acidic. But do not fear, It is not so acidic that harm your stomach rather it gives you some benefit like
- Carbonate water keeps your stomach full for a long time that preventing you from eating and promoting weight loss.
- Carbonate water help to ease intestinal flux and make you feel please from constipation.
- It improves your food digestion and reduces your stomach pain.
This is the second benefit among the four benefits of soft drinks. Soft drinks contain a high amount of carbohydrates. Sucrose and sugar is the main source of carbohydrate to sweeten soft drinks. The benefits of carbohydrates in soft drinks are like
- It increases your energy level instantly. You can drink a soft drink when you feel tired to get back your energy quickly.
- Carbohydrate is beneficial for your brain health.
- Carbohydrates help to increase dopamine secretion and feel you pleased.
3. Sodium & Potassium
This is the 3rd and most powerful benefit of soft drinks. Soft drinks contain a small amount of sodium and potassium. These are the essential elements of our body. These electrolytes maintain our body function normally. The benefits of sodium and potassium are –
- Sodium is a hydrophilic element. So, it helps to store water in our body and helps to keep us hydrated.
- Sodium helps to increase blood pressure.
- Potassium helps to maintain healthy blood pressure by reducing blood pressure and keeping our heart healthy and strong.
- Potassium helps to gain muscle mass, increase bone density and reduce the chance of kidney stones.
Caffeine is a drug mainly found in coffee. But a small quantity of caffeine is present in soft drinks also. Caffeine is present in coffee much more than in soft drinks. It is the last and probably the least benefit of soft drinks. Benefits of caffeine in small amounts are-
- A small amount of caffeine can help you to focus on your work.
- Caffeine can increase your memory power.
- It promotes hair growth.
- Caffeine keeps you alert and improves your reaction time.
- Caffeine reduces the chance of type-2 diabetes.
- You can prevent weight gain by drinking a certain amount of caffeine.
- It can prevent skin cancer.
- Caffeine is good for heart health.
Although Soft drinks have some benefits they are still not recommended to take it regularly. Soft drinks have many many bad effects rather than good. You can get these benefits by eating other healthy food. Now after reading this article it is clear that all the time soft drinks are not so bad. In some conditions, you will get the benefit too.
You should know the disadvantage of soft drinks with the benefit of soft drinks. The major disadvantage of drinking soft drinks are-
- The carbonic acid of soft drinks can decay your enamel and lose your tooth. It also makes a thin yellow layer in your tooth.
- It can cause weight gain as it has high calories.
- I increase the carbon dioxide level in your blood.
- As soft drinks are acidic it reduces your calcium, sodium, potassium level in blood and bones and makes your bones weak.
- Soft drinks increase the risk of heart disease.
You can also read- 10 summer health tips to stay healthy in summer
At the end of this lesson, I repeat do not take soft drinks daily due to the benefits of soft drinks. First, analyze do you really need to drink it daily. It does not mean that I say you do not drink soft drinks ever. You can drink it occasionally and mind it do not drink a lot at a time as it contains carbon dioxide which is bad for your heart. And drinking a lot of soft drinks leads to your immediate death. Thanks. Stay healthy, stay safe.