Bournvita is a well-known child health drink. Not only India, but it is also famous in US as a kid’s nutritional health drink.
Nowadays parents are aware of their kids’ growth physically as well as mentally. And here health drinks play a big role. But parents are confused which health drink is better for their kids.
Now, in this article i will dig in to the bournvita, analise its ingredients and tell you the nutritional benefits for your growing child. Also, tell you how much amount of bournvita your kids should take every day. And discuss the side effect if anything present.
So, before going to the ingredients analysis lets know about the bournvita and why growing children need it.
What is Bournvita
Bournvita is one of the most famous health drinks. Especially it is made for growing kids to provides proper balance nutrients. Bournvita is the product of Cadbury. It comes in powder form. That’s why not only India bournvita is also a popular health drink in US, Uk and other countries.
It also comes in biscuits form. But bournvita biscuits are not as much healthy as bournvita powder.
Bournvita is a delicious chocolate flavor health drink that is enriched with vitamins like B2, B9, B12 and D. Get goodness of essential nutrients that is essential for kids growth and development.
Bournvita provides many other nutrients like carb, protein and others. They are the most important food ingredients that keep body function well.
There are 4 types of bournvita available in the market. Bournvita little champ which is made for 2-5 years kids and Bournvita women for women, Bournvita 5 Star Magic and Bournvita yummy chocolate flavor.
It is a malted chocolate drink mix that can be enjoyed piping hot or deliciously cold. Try blending bournvita with milk and ice cream to make a chocolate milkshake that is delectable and nutritious.
Let’s come to the ingredients
As you can see above ingredients are used to make bournvita. Now lets talk about every ingredients and their benefits.
- Cereal Extract– Cereal extract is the main ingredient of bournvita. Cereal extract processing method is used to produce starch from cereals and other plants. It is used to produce processing food. It is an excellent source of carb. a significant source of protein. a good source of B group vitamins, many minerals, such as iron, magnesium, copper, phosphorus and zinc.
- Sugar– Most health drinks use sugar as an ingredient to make their drink sweet it taste. It is a huge source of carbohydrates. Although high amounts of sugar are not healthy for humans even kids.
- Milk Solid– Milk solid is basically milk powder. It is produced from liquid milk after removing the liquids from milk. Milk solid is a good source of complete protein which is very essential for body growth.
- Cocoa solids- Coca solid is made from cocoa seeds. Cocoa is rich in phytonutrients, theobromine that reduce inflammation and protect from heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. It is also loaded with minerals.
- Emulsifiers– Emulsifier is a chemical that used to mix two separate liquids such as polar and non-polar.
- Maltodextrin– It is a common ingredient used in every processing food to get the flavor and texture of drink. It is also used in candy, chocolate, soft drinks.
- Vitamins– Bournvita is a good source of vitamin B-complex and D.
- Minerals– Bournvita is packed with many minerals. They keep body function normally. Some minerals are- Iodine, iron, copper, zinc, etc.
Nutritional Value of Bournvita
Here is the complete nutritional value that bournvita provides.
Benefits of Bournvita Health Drink
As bournvita provides multiple vitamins and minerals it benefits kids in multiple way. But here we will discuss about four major benefits of drinking Bournvita health drink.
1. Provides Balance Nutrients
As you can see from the above chart bournvita provides a complete package of carbohydrate, protein, fat with some B, C, A, E vitamins and minerals.
Carb, protein, and fat is the main source of energy in human body. Our body is run by these three foods. Vitamins enhance immunity power. B vitamin is called energy vitamin. It maintains our energy level. Vitamin C is known as an antioxidant. It removes toxins from cells. Whereas vitamin A and E work for eyes and skin. Minerals balance liquid flow system.
2. Makes Bones Strong
Childs are enthusiastic to outdoor play. For that your kids must be strong(strong bones). Bournvita provids Vitamin-D, calcium and phosphorous. Calcium and phosphorous makes bones strong with the help of the vitamin-D. You man not know that there is very small source of vitamin D that we eat. For that most of the child is suffering from Vitamin D defeciency. Vitamin D also boost immunity power.
3. Keeps Brain active and Health
Brain is the main part of human body. It takes most of the complex decition in life. So, functioning brain properly is most important for kids.
Iron folate and vitamin B12 present in bournvita help in the formation of haemoglobin in the body and maintaining a healthy brain and nervous system.
4. Helps to build Strong Body Muscle
Bournvita contain protein and vitamins that help in muscle building as well as muscle repairing.
Side effect of Bournvita
A study on children shows that bournvita is safe for kids. It has no or minimal side effect which is negligible although bournvita uses some artificial flavor and color.
But if kids drink bournvita for a long period of time he/she can addict to sugar. As bournvita use high amount of sugar. And sugar is not good for human body specially for skin.
As bournvita comes in powder form and flavor mix it can simply take with water or milk. To get better test and texture mix two to three table spoon of bournvita powder with one glass of milk and drink it.
Kids can take this health drink at morning with breakfast and afternoon before or after workout(outdoor play).
Price of bournvita health drink is not so high like pediasure and not very less too. It is affordable for every parents.
Bournvita comes with 500g for 295 rupees and 1kg for 400 rupees only. these are the current printing price. If you buy online on amazon you will get some discounts too. So, why are you waiting for let’s buy it for your kids with his/her favorite flavor?